Monday 22 September 2014

Time to Vent! Life Struggles


 

However, for the past couple f days/week I have been going through a lot of anxiety, not really bad that I cannot do anything, but bad enough to stop me from doing anything social. And I would classify writing this blog as a social thing, because in essence I am talking to you.

 

Anxiety is a funny thing, it creeps up on me all the time, and half of the time I do not even know what is causing it. I just feel like I have been dropped into that part of the horror movie when the girl is about to open the door. We all know what is going to happen, but sadly the girl has no clue. Until, BAM the monster comes flying out.

I always like to make a joke out of the things that I struggle with, but in reality they are not fun, and I do not have an easy time of it. And I am sure there are many of you who always try to make life the best, always trying to make everyone see the joy and laughter, but sometimes it is good to embrace our weaknesses. Because whether we like it or not, we all have them.

 

So here goes.

 

Anxiety is something I suffer with on a daily basis, but it does not control me, anymore. I used to suffer much worse from depression and panic attacks. All of this was a struggle that I could not have gotten out of without God.

However I also know that there are many people out there who suffer much worse and do not have anything or anyone to turn to. It would be easy for me to say just believe that Jesus can set you free from everything that you suffer from, but we all know that it's not that simple for most people.

For a long time I would never believe that God would want to heal me, I could not comprehend that he would actually want to. And I do know that for others it is more a matter of, if a God existed, would he heal me? That is a question I have seen many times, from my friends and from my family.

 

So today I want to talk about my experiences. (mainly for my own therapeutical help) When I have an anxiety attack I would usually be stumped on ways to get over it, I would normally just ride with it until it went away. Because anything that I do would increase the panic. I know it seems weird to most of you who don't suffer anxiety, but for some, especially me, I cannot handle anything familiar when I am in panic mode. So things like movies and music, or reading and writing are all out of the question. And to make it worse I have no idea why =.

 

But I do know that time is something that helps, just knowing that soon it will be over and that I don't have to panic forever is something that always calms me down.

So if you feel like you are going to be like this forever, just remember that time is on your side, and the anxiety won't stay forever. Take a breath.

 

Do something you don't normally do, like if you don’t normally take quick showers (like me) then aim for a three minuet shower.

Or if you're not an outdoors kind of person, then go for a walk.

 

I know this seems strange, but honestly it helps me.

 

After I have calmed down and I no longer feel like I am going to fall apart at the slightest bump, I will go to my room and put some music on. Around this time I normally feel the anxiety return, but I push through. I sit down and just vent either in a notebook, or on the computer. Talking to God about what happened really helps.

 

So there you go, it's not fool proof, and I am definitely no expert in the field, but this works for me. So if you're up for it, give it a go. And let me know how you went.

I'd be happy to talk some more with you lovely people.

 
So, I have just reached 100 followers, that means that there are 100 people who have consciously decided to follow me! That's crazy!

Thank you, you 100 people, you have really given me something special.

Blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment