Monday 8 September 2014

NAIL Time! In five easy steps



I know a lot of people who never paint their nails, either because they just don't like to or they bite them too often, or the most common, their work wont allow them. But for those of us with the luxury and patience to do it, I have outlined a quick and simple way of painting with style.

Things you will need:

  • Nail file
  • Buffer (Not compulsory)
  • Nail polish!
  • Clear top coat
  • Imagination
 


Step one: The most important!
  • Clean your nails. I know it is tempting just to paint over old nail polish, and to hid all the dirt that finds its way under, but it is really important to remove old nail polish. I love to paint my nails, and sometimes I don't have tome to sit there and take off the old colour before I put the new one on, so one day I just didn't. I thought to myself (What a wonderful world) why not just go over it, so I did. Low and behold, after weeks of doing this, I take the nail polish off completely, and my entire top end of my nail has gone a nasty yellow.
  • Just do it, save you the stain.
Left hand, before filing.
Notice that my nails are all out of whack, some are longer than others, they are uneven and chipped.

Step two:

  • File and buff. I hate it when one nail is longer than the other, so I try my best to even them all out.
  • In order to ensure that the nail polish is going to last (Not chip) for at least three days, I like to lightly buff the front of the nail. This roughens the surface and gives the nail polish something to grip onto.
Filed and Buffed, finally.


Step three:

  • Apply that first coat. In my case I am applying Lilly White, from the Ultra3 range; this polish is thick and goes on nicely. I find it best to apply a very thin coat at first, this gives a faster drying time, and it tends to set faster.
  • Wait for the first coat to dry completely before applying the second.
  • Don't worry if the first coat is a bit translucent, the second will cover that.
  • And also, once it is all done, I would normally use a pair id small scissors to scrape around the edges, because I can never put it on right. #FakeItTillYouMakeIt


Step four:

  • Once you have applied as many coats as necessary, you can add another colour like I have, or just go ahead and add the top coat. I have used Maybelline's Colour Show, in Coral Crush 190.


Step five:
  • Add the top coat. I would highly recommend using a clear nail enamel, just so the colour is not tinted. And nail enamels are stronger and more durable then ordinary clear nail polish. I have gone over my nails with the BYS clear nail enamel.


So there you go, five easy steps to achieve fashionable nails!



Comment and let me know how you went!

Blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment