Monday 15 September 2014

A Walk In The Park



So yesterday I decided that I would go for a run, as I would normally do. Things were as they always are, until I reached the park.

So I would normally run to the park and take a stroll by the Torrens River, which at the moment is rather full. And that is exactly what happened yesterday, but when I got to the bridge I sat down and tried to catch my breath.
But this time it occurred to me that I can capture this moment, and unlike all the other runs to the park I had done in the past, I decided to pull out my camera (aka my phone). And for a little while I was capturing everything around me.

 

I just wanted to encourage you today, never let the moment get away from you, there will only ever be one of them, so do all you can to live in it.

Yesterday I realised that each moment, no matter how small or normal, is wonderful, and should be remembered.

If you are anything like me then you will constantly wonder what people did in their spare time long before we were born. I am always wondering what people and societies did for fun, how they went about their seeming normal and boring lives.

You see, things like a walk in the park, taking photos of brick walls and birds, might be something that people just don't do in the future, so even though it is normal and boring to me, it could be something fascinating to my children. Or even something to be remembered hundreds of years from now.

It seems crazy, to think that someone will look through history and be amazed by simply walking a dog, or green plants and brick walls. But when we look back at history, I know that I am fascinated by what they would call the simple things in life, like making pots and sewing pillows, because they are things we just don't do anymore.



Don’t ever take for granted the things God has given us, they might be normal and ordinary, but they are unique, and no other society in history lives the way we do now. There might be a load of horrible things going on around us, but when we take a step back and realise the crazy wonderful world we live in, life seems far more satisfying.














Here are some of the photos I took while wondering through the wilderness :)


 







 Theses two dogs who's names were Bernie and Nugget. They took a liking to me, it was sad watching be dragged away.







Gotta love the Australian parklands.
 





What are some things that you might take for granted in your everyday life?

Comment and let me know.

 

Blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment